Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8

My biggest complaint about motherhood is having to defend my parenting decisions to other mothers. I have had to defend my decisions on how to raise my child in nearly every aspect of parenting, and it has always annoyed me - how do you know what is best for me and my family? Luckily, when I was pregnant with my son, I joined an online baby community of other soon to be moms who were due about the same time as me. Since we all "met" nearly three years ago, these women have been supportive of my decisions of my child, even if they are raising their children in a different way.

So that is why today was not really a random act of kindness, it was sticking up for one of our own. One of the girls made an innocent post on facebook that was blown up into an argument about how she raises her daughter. The post was not about her daughter at all, but unfortunately one girl (not one in my group) likened a flu shot to giving her daughter poison. While it probably wasn't the nicest of conversations, I realized these girls would defend me in the same way if I needed it. I know I have over 60 girls out there who will defend me for MY right to be the kind of mom I want to be. And most of those 60, I have never met. Love my BDC girls!

1 comment: