Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2

I went to Bowling Green State University. It was the best four years of my life. I met the love of my life, built life long relationships, and got a great education. BGSU is not a small campus, but when you got involved, those organizations made it feel like a small college.

I think the small campus feel is why so many people have come together over a tragedy. Early this morning, three young BGSU students were killed in a car accident. They were hit head on by a car going the wrong way on the highway. They were driving to the airport to go on spring break.

What has made me feel so good about my alma mater is the amount of condolences and prayers I have seen for these girls. Nearly every BGSU friend of mine posted something on their Facebook page about the accident. People are posting stories, links and videos sharing information. One of BG's "mantras" is "Once a Falcon, always a Falcon". I am so proud to be a Falcon today, and so saddened by the loss of these girls. I hope that scholarships are created in their honor so that their memories live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment